Medical Marijuana Facilities and Adult-Use Marijuana Establishments ordinance authorizing the Buildings, Safety Engineering, and Environmental Department (BSEED) to issue business licenses for co-location, and adult-use marijuana establishments including grower, processor, retailer, secure transporter, safety compliance facility, microbusiness, marijuana event organizer, temporary marijuana event, and designated consumption establishments. This ordinance also requires that:
- Detroit Legacy applicants will get a minimum of 50% of all newly created recreational marijuana business licenses for retailers, growers, processors, microbusinesses, designated consumption, and marijuana event organizers issued in Detroit.
- There will be a six-week exclusive early licensing period for Detroit Legacy applicants.
- Detroit Legacy will be able to purchase city-owned land at 25% of fair market value.
- The City will work with philanthropy and private lenders to develop sources of funding and expertise to back Detroit-owned marijuana business start-ups.
- Application details and requirements